Sunday, December 12, 2010

Night of the Living Dead

On October twenty-ninth I went to see the Friday Night Film Night of the Living Dead with my best friend Kelly who was visiting from home that weekend. Night of the Living Dead is a horror film that was created in the nineteen sixties and has become one of the most well-known horror films. It was the beginning of all zombie movies. Viewed today it seems a little corny and obviously fake, but when it first came out it was terrifying. I personally love scary movies, and had seen this one several times before, but I would never miss the opportunity to watch one. In my opinion, Night of the Living Dead continues to be scary because of how it was filmed. The screen is dark except for the figures and zombies and the sound effects are still scary. One thing I don’t enjoy about Night of the Living Dead is the goriness of it. The zombies eat people and the film really captures that. I don’t like watching them eat the flesh off a person’s bone. Aside from that, even though the goriness is a main part of the film, I really do enjoy it. Even after seeing it a few times, Night of the Living Dead still makes me jump and still makes me afraid of zombies. The idea of a bunch of humans knocking down your door because they have become zombies freaks me out, and they want to eat you. I think the Night of the Living Dead has greatly inspired many horror film directors, and has given them ideas about zombies or indestructible humans and other themes along that line. I think Night of the Living Dead will always be a horror favorite and will remain popular, especially since it has lasted this long. I would recommend seeing it, even if you don’t like scary movies because it truly is a classic.

No comments:

Post a Comment