Thursday, December 16, 2010

Unstoppable

Last weekend I saw the new movie, Unstoppable. Unstoppable stars Denzel Washington and Chris Pine. The movie is about a large runaway freight train carrying deadly chemicals. At one of the train’s stops, the conductor was goofing around with his friends and hoped out of the train, not realizing the breaks weren’t secure. The train began to take off and they couldn’t get back in the train to turn the break back on. The train then continued to pick up speed and soon was traveling at a rapid speed through northern Pennsylvania through really small towns. If the train crashed it would destroy the surrounding town; therefore, people were asked to evacuate Denzel and Chris are teamed up as a crew on another train. Without giving away the ending, to attempt to stop the other train, Denzel and Chris try to attach their train onto the runaway to bring it to a stop or at least slow it.
I really enjoyed this movie; it kept me on the edge of my seat the whole time. I love Denzel Washington and I always think his movies are really moving or enjoyable. I can't recall if the movie was based on a true story or not but it seemed very believable, not just a fantasy. I don’t usually enjoy action films but this was more of a combination between action and drama, because while they were sitting in their train, Denzel and Chris discussed their characters’ personal life. They both had a moving life, which really drew me into the movie. I would recommend seeing this movie, especially while it’s in the theatres because the sound effects are really good.

No comments:

Post a Comment